Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My day at the gym

I am so tired.

While on the stationary bike at the gym this morning I noticed that people started wandering into the cycling class.
I had already done weights and was finishing up twenty minutes on a stationary bike. Keep in mind that this was my second day of working out since we have moved and I am somewhat lazy and weak. I was ready to leave for the day. The spin class looked friendly enough so I thought I would ask the cycling teacher if his classes were taught in English as well as German. I had no intention of doing his class. Before I knew it this very energetic Swiss Man had me on a bike in the front row with some very fit looking people. After he Welcomed the American to class and cheered on our new President I felt obligated to stay. I had to make America proud. Okay I was embarrassed to leave.

He said a few things in English such as "Do I like AC/DC?" I just nodded and he played a special song for me. I smiled even though I didn't recognize the song.
I think I read somewhere that people in Europe think that all Americans love AC/DC.
He also told me we were going to ride across America from the East to West. Oh Great. My favorite part of the class was when he told me it was time to ride up some Swiss Mountains. Please let this class be over. I wanted to go home.


I am so Tired.

3 comments:

karen said...

Oh Cheryl - you are SO funny!!! thanks for doing the folks back home proud. Did you go into the naked people sauna afterward ???

Jerrie said...

Justyn helped me with this.

Hope Paris was wonderful!

Jerrie said...

The girls are leaving today and we all decided to come to Paris to join you please send money-
:-)

Jerrie