Saturday, January 10, 2009

Communication

January 4, 2009 Grocery store part 4

Couldn’t find any non stick cooking spray at the grocery store today. The clerk spoke very little English and lets just say I haven’t picked up a great deal of German in the month we have been living here. In my defense I start lessons on the 27th of January.
What I have been getting very good at is playing charades with grocery store clerks.
My first attempt was trying to act out egg whites. (Big Failure) However my acting abilities worked great with today’s store clerk. She was so excited when she picked up the bottle of cooking oil spray and realized that she guessed correctly. I now have cooking spray, black olives, an oven mitt, a cutting board and a new friend in the grocery store.

2 comments:

sands said...

You're so creative. :)

Bonnie said...

I am so happy to hear that Bruce is watching his cholesterol!!!!