Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sofa Saga and A Pot to Piss In

Happy New Years!
Bruce and I spent New Years Eve unpacking and setting up our apartment.

We were so happy when our California King Size bed fit through all the narrow doors.
We were very unhappy when our oversized sofa did not.
Bruce and I debated whether to bring our bed to Switzerland but never considered that our sofa might be a problem.
Now our sofa needs major surgery. The legs need to be amputated and reattached with screws. Our Swiss landlord Mr. Kummer is on the job. He is building a ten foot high scaffold and has his friend lined up to perform the leg surgery on January 5 at 5:00 P.M.
Information will be provided at a later date as to where to send donations to the
Save the Sanderfords Sofa Foundation.

We rented this apartment in spite of it only having one & half baths. I wanted 2. Bruce could care less. Being the considerate host that I am I feel that our guests need their own pot to piss in. Bruce could care less. What we soon discovered is our 1.5 bath home in reality is a one bath home divided into two rooms (both without electrical outlets) located next to one another. No toilet in the bath with the shower/ No shower in the bath with the toilet. (The toilet being in the coldest part of the house.)
This is important information for you to read since you might want to consider the situation when making plans to visit.

With all that we still find this home charming.
Did I mention we have a beer garden?

3 comments:

marlaakajake said...

I suppose you could dry your hair in the kitchen while making the coffee.

jannanhouse said...

Oh Cheryl, you are so funny. I miss that humor around here, I tell ya!

Unknown said...

This as so funny. I love this blog and miss the Sanderford family terribly.