Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mom and Dad become official Swiss Yodelers



Like the views from the Swiss Alps, there really are no words to describe my parents' yodeling abilities. I had no idea how talented they were. If the video actually uploads, then you'll be in for a real surprise (A MUST WATCH JUSTYN).


January 16th On Friday my parents planned for us to go to Mount Titlus, a peak in the Swiss Alps that’s accessible by a rotating gondola. We boarded the train from Zug in the morning and took a 1 ½ hour train ride to the base town, Englesberg (again, I’m not sure if that’s the correct spelling but hopefully I didn’t butcher it too much). The town was a ski haven for Europeans and we felt a bit out of place without any equipment, and by “out of place” I mean we felt like tourists. It was a beautiful town nestled between the Swiss Alps: picturesque from every angle. We ended up taking three different gondolas up to the top. It’s hard to explain the views that we saw and I feel like words would not do them justice so instead I’ll just post a few pictures.




I will also attempt to post a special rendition of Swiss Alp Yodeling. Hopefully it will work! We explored the top of the mountain, hiked up to the top, and took a flyer across to the other side. The coolest part of the day was the ice cavern that we were able to explore. The Swiss had somehow made a cavern in the adjacent glacier and on top of that feat, they installed light installations throughout the tunnels. It was “breath taking” as my mom would say.
We finished our trip to Mount Titlus by stopping at Europe’s highest bar and having a nice cold beer(my dad insisted). Another beautiful day in Switzerland. :-)



1 comment:

marlaakajake said...

What did you do with the money that you were suppose to use for your singing lessons?