Saturday, January 17, 2009

Guest Blogger




Gretzie,
Unfortunately, Cheryl will not be blogging today. Instead, I will be replacing her as the guest blogger for the next few posts. I have a few fun videos that I think you might find mildly entertaining, especially you, Justyn. I might even be able to provide a more accurate depiction of Bruce and Cheryl in Zug because of my unbiased nature towards the two of them ;) ;). And if all else fails I’m sure I can make you laugh a bit with some of the interesting things both Bruce and Cheryl have done in the last few days. So before I begin, I must also add that if you are planning to visit my parents in Switzerland, you are in for a real treat. They know the area quite well and are exceptional hosts, plus they pay for everything (this might be a special circumstance considering I am a blood relative but feel free to try your luck). If you know my parents at all, then I’m sure you know that no matter where you are, you’ll have a great time.

Wednesday, January 14th I had planned to arrive in Switzerland fresh faced and ready to go, however I must have miscalculated my body’s ability to readjust to the time difference. I ended up sleeping the majority of the first day while my dad went to work. My mom took me to the local grocery store mid afternoon and showed me the incredible miming skills she has acquired over the past few weeks. We found “corn flakes” with ease and “salad” without a problem. I was also impressed with my mom’s ability to navigate the town considering her poor directional skills that I remember her possessing in California. Perhaps it’s Switzerland or maybe my mom has actually adapted better than I thought? For dinner my mom cooked (another surprise) and it was delicious. I think it’s very easy for them to stay fit with the type of food they’ve been eating and the amount of walking that’s required of them in a town like Zug. Both pluses. We went to bed at a reasonable hour after having a glass of red wine. Supposedly the French wine here is cheap compared to what we are use to paying in California. I’m far from a wine connoisseur so I can’t say whether or not the wine is better, but my parents seem to think so.

No comments: