Friday, January 30, 2009

No pictures for this blog

It seems to be so. According to the women I have met from other countries, American women have the reputation for being very modest.. I never thought much about it. It always seemed to me that most American women are comfortable with nudity. (At least at the gyms and spas I use in the States)

My first time using the steam room at the fitness center we belong to in Switzerland changed my mind.

It is just one big nude fest in the ladies locker room.
No matter the age woman do not wear towels or makeup dresses like Barbara from my gym in Danville while putting on their makeup or blow drying their hair. Towels or flipflops are not allowed in the steam rooms. ( A rule I learned after being yelled at in German for bringing one in... something to do with sanitation.) The only time I see some one with clothes on is when they are putting them on to leave or taking them off to shower.

I was told by my South African friend that two workmen walked into the steam room to fix a mechanical problem while she was in it. (both her and her friend were completely naked)
I can only imagine what would happen if two workmen came into the ladies locker room in Danville to fix the shower while someone was showering.

According to Bruce women clean the men's locker room all the time whether men are dressed or undressed.

For me I see it as a learning experience. I am learning to shed my towel and modesty faster than I am learning to speak German.
No one is looking and no one seems to care.

No comments: