Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mom talks to Swiss Soldiers


January 15th The first real day that we went out was Thursday. My dad took the day off so we could travel by train to Einseheidn ( I don’t know the actual name of the town but it sounds something like that). My parents have been there before and my mom has blogged about it so I wont waste your time. The main difference between the two visits was the weather. When we went on Thursday we had a magnificent view of the Abby and surrounding city. We were lucky enough to see the elusive einsheidn horse, born and breed in only one location in the entire world. Following our little excursion through the church we stopped in Rapporsville. As we got off the train it was around 5:00 pm, dusk-ish. We were given detailed directions on how to get to the castle, a main attraction in Rapporsville. We left the train station and immediately ran into a group of Swiss Soldiers. My mom was so excited that something interesting was happening while we were visiting. She later found out (after accosting one of the swiss soldiers) that the ceremony was not a ceremony but a recruitment of some sort. She was disappointed :(. We returned to our directions to the castle and realized that they made little sense. It didn’t take my dad long to figure out that the castle was literally right above us. It was very beautiful and I think we were lucky to see it at dusk when there were close to zero people wondering around. We ended our night with a dinner out at an awesome Tapas restaurant. My dad got to use his Venezuelan Spanish which did not translate at all. In the end my mom’s miming skills proved to be more efficient. A great first day overall. :)



No comments: